DeNA announced results for 1Q fiscal 2013 with revenues up 10% YoY and operating profits down 8% – details: http://bit.ly/14VDiio
DeNA Co., Ltd., the global leader in mobile Internet services, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2013. DeNA reported quarterly revenue of 52.2 billion yen (532 million* USD), 10 percent higher than the same quarter last year, and operating profit of 17.0 billion yen (173 million* USD), 8 percent lower than the same quarter of the previous year.
“Multiple chart-topping titles this quarter helped turn Mobage West profitable for the month of June,” said Isao Moriyasu, President and CEO of DeNA. “I am excited to announce that we have implemented new strategic initiatives to launch a massive amount of first- and second-party games to secure the number one position in the expanding global social mobile gaming market.”
First Quarter, FY2013 Business Highlights
- MobaCoin consumption in Japan was 54.8 billion yen (559 million* USD), 6 percent lower than the previous quarter. The downward trend was mostly attributed to no new hit first- and second-party titles launched during the quarter.
- Mobage Japan’s third-party titles remained strong during the quarter.
- MobaCoin consumption from international business showed steady growth at approximately 80 million USD.
- Mobage West achieved profitability for the month of June.
- Mobage West produced hit titles from its first-, second- and third-party businesses; as of June 30, 2013, seven Mobage West games ranked in the top 25 spots on Google Play’s U.S. top grossing chart.
Business Strategy Update for FY2013
- Launch approximately 60 new first- and second-party titles on Mobage Japan and over 20 new first- and second-party titles on Mobage West during this fiscal year.
- Revitalize the growth of MobaCoin consumption with new titles.
- Capture the Japanese native app market by targeting multiple genres; 70 percent of new titles will be app-based.
- Continue growth of MobaCoin consumption for the international business in the upcoming quarters.
- Achieve a profitable quarter in Q2 FY2013 for Mobage West.
Second Quarter, FY2013 Guidance
- Revenues are projected to be 50.9 billion yen (520 million* USD).
- Operating profit is projected to be 16.7 billion yen (170 million* USD).
- Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent is projected to be 10.3 billion yen (105 million* USD).
* Dollar values reported were translated at 98.02 Japanese yen per U.S. dollar, which was the Telegraphic Transfer Middle Rate (TTM) per the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ as of August 6, 2013.