Gemini Launches Mobile Community Platform
Gemini Mobile Technologies has announced a new software platform to power mobile communities. The Gemini platform, called eXplo, is the foundation of a new 3D interface from SoftBank Mobile Corporation in Japan, named S! TOWN. SoftBank Mobile’s new S! Town-enabled phones are available today throughout Japan on selected Sharp and Toshiba phone models. Gemini expects to announce new carriers and content providers for eXplo in the coming months.
The full press release is Here
Gemini also announced that its industry-leading multimedia messaging software, the HyperScale Messaging Center, and its HyperScale core technology are the engines behind an additional new SoftBank Mobile service, Arrange Mail. Arrange Mail, powered by Gemini’s software, takes messaging to the next level by enabling consumers to compose, send and receive rich text and graphical messages on their existing SoftBank Mobile handsets.
Unlike current offerings that were primarily developed for the Internet and transported to wireless devices, eXplo was developed from the ground up to be an engine that powers mobile communications on wireless devices. Gemini’s eXplo, offers several features for wireless phones including:
– Explore 3D worlds on their phone by walking around or jumping from place to place
– Meet and interact with other users
– Personalize an individualized space, be it a game room or a snowboarding venue, suited to their preferences, and invite friends to visit virtually
– Share photos instantly with friends
– Communicate via different types of messaging such as Instant Messaging
– Shop for goods from music to videos
– Play games by exploring new zones on their device
Today’s announcement adds to Gemini’s customer wins worldwide. The company’s scalable messaging platform has been adopted by carriers including SoftBank Mobile in Japan; SmarTone-Vodafone in Hong Kong; FarEasTone in Taiwan; Nextel International in Central & South America; and Sferia in Poland to provide seamless services to their users. In addition, Gemini has an OEM relationship with Lucent Technologies and recently announced agreements with Ericsson China and Italy’s Italtel, expanding its distribution footprint worldwide.