Please take a moment to review our new 5×5.wirelesswatch.jp website. Indeed, The ®evolution Continues. Yoroshiku!
DoCoMo just released Q4 earnings with consolidated financial results for fiscal year ending March 31, 2012. http://bit.ly/IfzHfT
The full release with 39-pages in English PDF Here.. some highlight bullets below [Eds]
- total blended voice / data ARPU last fiscal at 4,870 JPY – approx. $60 USD – down 3.9%
- 22M handsets sold last fiscal year – up 15% – with 8.82M smartphones, a 3x increase YoY
- 36.2M flat-rate data plan subscribers as of March 31st 2012, increase 13.7% Year on Year
- 60M total subscriber base with 42.3M on i-mode and 9.5M now sp-mode (SmartPhone) services
- Wallet Phone stats = POS locations: 550K, iD subscribers: 16.8M and DCMX members: 12.9M
- “The second-generation mova service, which was launched in March 1993 and contributed significantly to the popularization of the mobile phone, was terminated on March 31st, 2012″
Some sage advise when entering new turf; Stop, Look and Listen.. it’s also good to secure a local guide. Japan is the cradle of mobile civilization – we been been dedicated to this space since 2001 – trust our archives here offer some useful material.
Domestic activities continue to set the pace, and sharp players are looking at global markets. We have hard-earned industry expertise and trusted network of contacts with access to advanced intell. and potential deal flow. Need a lift.. Ok, buckle-up!