CyberAgent announced it has created a new division dedicated mobile marketing for International App developers: http://bit.ly/nz54cX
Congrats to everyone over at C.A… it’s the beginning of a Great Adventure! [Eds]
Tokyo, Sept 7, 2011 – CyberAgent, Inc. (TOKYO: 4751) announced today that it is reinforcing its
smartphone-related marketing services by establishing the International Mobile Marketing Division, which will be dedicated to providing overseas corporations with smartphone and mobile marketing support for the Japanese market.
The booming Japanese smartphone market continues to expand at a rapid rate, with the number of smartphone users in Japan alone said to surpass 21 million by the end of the year, and 60 million by 2014 according to an IDC Japan report(1). Recent reports from Chetan Sharma Consulting and Distimo, an application store analytics company, have also indicated that Japan has the highest mobile phone ARPU in the world(2) and that, while Western countries such as France and Germany have seen a decrease in iPhone application download volume, many Asian countries have seen an increase(3), further establishing the region as a lucrative market for advertisers.
To help overseas companies capitalize on such ideal market conditions CyberAgent has established the International Mobile Marketing Division with an aim to provide overseas companies with smartphone and mobile promotion opportunities in Japan through the “AMoAd(4)” smartphone ad network operated by the CyberAgent Group, the smartphone app “FreeAppNow(5)” and the web, smartphone reward advertisement service “CA Reward(6)”.
“By establishing the International Mobile Marketing Division we will look to further bolster smartphone advertising revenue in Japan and expand our client base by targeting overseas advertisers encouraged by the burgeoning growth of the Japanese smartphone market,” says Takahito Naito, Director, CyberAgent, Inc.
With the establishment of its International Mobile Marketing Division, CyberAgent will aim to enrich corporate smartphone promotions both in Japan and abroad in order to maximize the impact of such marketing.
(1) IDC Japan Forecast
(2) Wireless Wire News ( http://wirelesswire.jp/Watching_World/201107081216.html) (Japanese only)
(3) AppAdvice, “Distimo Shares Information On Asian App Market – China Now Second Largest”, June 22nd, 2011
(4) AMoAd, joint venture company of CyberAgent, Inc and DeNA, Inc, is the leading smartphone adnetwork contains Ameba and Mobage
(5) FreeAppNowis an app recommendation service for iOS users with over 500K downloads, provided by CA Beat, Inc. a subsidiary of CyberAgent, Inc.
(6) CA Reward is the leading Japanese CPI based network with over 2MM DAU provided by CA Reward, Inc. a subsidiary of CyberAgent, Inc.