Sprint and Sanyo have announced full availability of the M1 handset [.jpg image] as Sprint’s first phone with 1GB of internal memory. The M1′s key features include Bluetooth, a 2.0 megapixel camera with auto-focus, storage for up to 16 hours of music with nine equalizer settings for fine-tuning the listening experience. The unit also has external i-pod style music controls and a large external LCD for optimal usability.
According to the companies press release, the M1 provides quick and easy access to Sprint-exclusive content, including:
- Sprint Music Store(SM), which allows users to browse and wirelessly download full-length songs directly to their phone.
- Sprint TV(SM) with more than 50 channels of television and on-demand video and audio including more than 20 channels offering live content.
- NFL Mobile, a Sprint-exclusive wireless application that brings fans access to same-day video highlights, customizable real-time statistics, scores, injury reports and other information updated every two seconds.
- Sprint Movies, the first “pay-per-view” service for mobile phones in the U.S. that streams full-length movies, including recent box-office hits and timeless favorites from Buena Vista VOD, Lionsgate, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Universal Pictures.
- Sprint Power View, the industry’s first made-for-mobile sports and entertainment video programming network.
The M1 by SANYO is available through all Sprint retail channels including www.Sprint.com. Suggested retail price is $349.99 or $199.99 with a two-year subscriber agreement.