Vodafone K.K. today announces that, as part of its new 3G lineup, it plans to offer the Vodafone 902T handset by Toshiba in late April. The Vodafone 902T features an Active Turn Style design, which allows the display to swivel 180 degrees clockwise while the handset is open, so customers can enjoy the most suitable style when taking pictures or making video calls. Using a concept called Switch to Fun!, the Vodafone 902T’s design was conceived to enable customers to fully enjoy 3G services. The Vodafone 902T is a high-end model in the Vodafone 902/802/702 series that takes full advantage of Vodafone 3G services, with features that include an auto focus 1.92 megapixel camera, a 2.4-inch QVGA screen, twin stereo speakers and Bluetooth support.
The main features of the Vodafone 902T are as follows:
- Active Turn Style design for enjoying a variety of viewing styles in different situations
- Auto focus 1.92 megapixel mobile camera
- Twin stereo speakers for greater enjoyment when listening to long version Chaku-Uta® music downloads and ringtones
- Fully supports Vodafone 3G services
- International roaming support for seamless voice, mail, web and video call servicesNote1
Main Features (planned)
- Active Turn Style design allows the display to swivel 180 degrees clockwise while the handset is open, so customers can enjoy the most suitable style for taking pictures or making video calls. Using a concept called Switch to Fun!, the Vodafone 902T?s design was conceived to enable customers to fully enjoy 3G services.
- The Vodafone 902T comes equipped with an auto focus 1.92 megapixel mobile camera. By taking advantage of the 3G mail service which enables mails with large attachments of up to 300KB, customers can easily send off high-resolution photos or videos they capture with the 1.92 megapixel camera.
- The Vodafone 902T has twin stereo speakers for greater enjoyment when listening to long version Chaku-Uta® music downloads, ringtones and externally recorded music. To find the music content they want, customers can choose from a variety of rich content only possible on Vodafone 3G by downloading tracks of up to 2MB on the Vodafone live! mobile web service or downloading even larger music or video files on the Vodafone live! BB service via their PCs and transferring them to their mobiles.
- Supports international roaming for voice calls, mail, web services and video calling.
- As of 10 March 2005 voice roaming is available on GSM networks in 114 countries and regions, with Vodafone live! roaming in 49 of them. In addition, 3G (W-CDMA) voice roaming is available on networks in 17 countries and regions abroad, with Vodafone live! roaming in 16 and video call roaming available in 3 of them.
- As of 10 March 2005, international video call roaming services are available in three countries: United Kingdom, Netherlands and Spain.
The handset name for the Vodafone 902T is the Vodafone TS 921 in Europe.
- Vodafone 902/802/702 series 3G handsets have been developed for the Vodafone Group based on 3GPP world standards. In some cases operations and functions may differ from products previously offered by Vodafone K.K.
- Chaku-Uta® is a registered trademark of Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Bluetooth word mark is owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such mark by Vodafone K.K. is under license.
- QR Code is a registered trademark of Denso Wave Incorporated.
- T9 is a registered trademark of Tegic Communications.
- Powered by JBlend™.
- Java and Java-based trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
- JBlend and all JBlend-based trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Aplix Corporation in Japan and other countries.
- V-appli compatible handsets powered by JBlend®, developed by Aplix Corporation, to speed up the execution of Java™ applications.
- V-appli is a trademark of Vodafone K.K.
- Vodafone, Vodafone live! and the speech mark symbol are trademarks or registered trademarks of Vodafone Group Plc.
- Vodafone Group is the world?s leading mobile carrier and as of the end of December 2004, had equity interests in 26 countries and 416.4m venture customers, with a further fourteen partner networks.
About Vodafone K.K.
Vodafone K.K. is a leading mobile operator in Japan with over 15 million customers and a subsidiary of Vodafone Group Plc, the world?s largest mobile community. The Tokyo-based company offers a wide range of sophisticated mobile voice and data services including Vodafone live!, which provides mail and internet access to 85% of its customers, and pioneered the picture messaging service called Sha-mail first introduced in November 2000. In December 2002, Vodafone K.K. launched the world?s first commercial 3G W-CDMA service based on 3GPP international standards. Vodafone K.K.?s 3G service offers its customers rich content and roaming on 153 networks in 114 countries and regions as of 10 March 2005. For more information, please visit www.vodafone.jp
For further information, please contact:
Vodafone K.K. Public Relations
Tel: 03-6403-1000 (+81-3-6403-1000)