MM Research Institute report on tablet preference and usage in Japan shows 70/30 iOS to Android & 88% WiFi: http://bit.ly/10ybKZp
MM Research Institute has announced the tablet user survey by web, with 2,261 people who use tablet devices currently. The survey period to December 18, December 01, 2012.
- a person connected to the “LAN wireless at home” in the Wi-Fi model owners 88%.
- Ownership iPad tablet series is 69.4%, 30.6% Android
- “screen size” items and satisfaction with emphasis on top.
- “Weight” is the lowest level of satisfaction.
- The tablet showed a 49.1% re-purchase intention.
- Improvements “that the price will be lower terminal” is top.
Connection “LAN wireless at home” is the owner of approximately 90% Wi-Fi model responses were obtained for the communication network that is available in tablets of current ownership. Line model mobile phone (hereinafter referred to as model line), and by Wi-Fi model, we compared the usage of communication networks. In the “LAN wireless at home”, 480 people (69.8%), and was the most frequent in both models, the model line was Wi-Fi model and 1,243 people (88.0%). ”Mobile Wi-Fi Router” Both models (such as Pocket Wi-Fi), 180 people (26.2%), then the model were many Wi-Fi model line was 439 people and (31.1%). “(Such as cafes and restaurants) public spot followed by” (line model = 26.2% 180 people, 19.4% people = 274 Wi-Fi model) “tethering of smartphones and other tablet”, line model (= 19.0% 131 people became the order = 14.5%) and 205 Wi-Fi model “Wi-Fi spot of public station (airport)” model line (135 people = 19.6% and = 13.7%) 194 Wi-Fi model.