DoCoMo unveiled their new handset lineup today: 16 units – surprised to see 4 clams! – all smart Androids w/LTE: http://bit.ly/UFeX9P
Here’s the full presentation video with English voice-over and press release below [Eds]
TOKYO, JAPAN, October 11, 2012 — NTT DOCOMO, INC., announced today its 2012 winter lineup of 16 models for launch in or after November, including nine smartphones, one tablet, four feature phones, one photo panel and one mobile Wi-Fi® router. DOCOMO’s newest collection of high-quality smartphones satisfies a wide range of user needs by offering high-end CPUs, large-capacity batteries, high-resolution displays and distinctive designs suited to specific customer segments.
Key features of the new lineup include the following:
- All smartphones, the tablet and the router compatible with DOCOMO’s Xi™ (“crossy”) LTE service for max. downlinks of 100 Mbps.
- Five smartphones and the tablet with enhanced quad-core CPUs for maximized enjoyment of mobile games and video, and five models with dual-core CPUs.
- All smartphones equipped for Osaifu-Keitai™ (mobile wallet) NFC services, including newly added smart applications (linkage with NFC chip-embedded posters, home electronics, etc.) in Japan, of which four, and the tablet, are compatible with NFC Type A & B standards, popular in many countries.
- Two smartphones that run on Android™ 4.1, the latest version of this OS, and all other smartphones and the tablet running on Android™ 4.0.
- Seven smartphones and the tablet compatible with the NOTTV V-high multimedia broadcasting service in Japan.
- Three collaboration models, created respectively with Disney, fashion brand Jill Stuart and the producer of the manga One Piece, all featuring special designs and exclusive content.
- Large-capacity batteries (2,000mAh or more) in five smartphones for the convenience of power-hungry heavy users.
DOCOMO’s stylish new high-quality feature phones come preinstalled with a Facebook app to make it extra-easy to share photos and posts. See Full Specs PDF Here