Please take a moment to review our new 5×5.wirelesswatch.jp website. Indeed, The ®evolution Continues. Yoroshiku!
DoCoMo announces final result of their public tender offer for Buongiorno – securing 97% of outstanding shares: http://bit.ly/QtHVC7
NTT DOCOMO, INC. announced today that as a result of the voluntary tender offer extended through NTT DOCOMO’s wholly owned subsidiary, DOCOMO Deutschland GmbH, it has secured in total 97.109% (108,581,386) of the outstanding ordinary shares of Buongiorno S.p.A., one of Europe’s largest providers of mobile internet content and applications.
The 97.109% figure comprises shares from the tender offer, both the first offer period from June 4 to July 6 and the subsequent offer period from July 19 to August 8, and shares purchased through the Italian stock market.
Since the total number of shares from the tender offer and purchases on the market exceeds 95% of the outstanding ordinary shares issued by Buongiorno, DOCOMO will undertake procedures to acquire all remaining outstanding ordinary shares and turn Buongiorno into a wholly owned subsidiary. Thereafter, Buongiorno’s shares will be delisted from Borsa Italiana S.p.A.
1. Results of stock acquisition
(1) Total number of shares set to be acquired: 108,581,386 shares (97.109% of total outstanding ordinary shares)
(2) Total value of shares set to be acquired: 217,162,624.81 Euro (Approx. 20.8 billion yen*)
2. Outline of stock acquisition
(1) Target company: Buongiorno S.p.A. (Chairman: Mauro Del Rio; Head office: Milan; Stock listing: Borsa Italiana S.p.A.)
(2) Type of share: Ordinary shares
(3) Tender offer periods: June 4~July 6 and July 19~August 8, 2012
(4) Acquisition price: 2 euros (191.74 yen*) per ordinary share
(5) Other remarks: Some stock acquired through the Italian stock market in addition to the voluntary public tender offer
*exchange rate of 1 EUR to 95.87 JPY
Some sage advise when entering new turf; Stop, Look and Listen.. it’s also good to secure a local guide. Japan is the cradle of mobile civilization – we been been dedicated to this space since 2001 – trust our archives here offer some useful material.
Domestic activities continue to set the pace, and sharp players are looking at global markets. We have hard-earned industry expertise and trusted network of contacts with access to advanced intell. and potential deal flow. Need a lift.. Ok, buckle-up!