All three Jpn telcos have made 2012 Summer Season handset announcements today – here’s our quick review http://bit.ly/JhLyNI
Enough to make any tech journo cry, however, since they all bolt out the door at the same time we’ll just gang-up some links below.. with a few comments for now [Eds]
DoCoMo came out ripping with 19 new units, and it would take 1,000 well-crafted words to go thru everything, so suggest for starters you watch the ustream of that presentation embedded below.
A few bullet points off the top:
- All smartphones – other than the dongle and tablet – all running on Android 4.0
- The first up to show was Samsung Galaxy III.. with FeliCa NFC chip for the first time!
- Also indicating the Fujitsu Arrows model as super high-spec. unit, new benchmark set.
- The first ever Raku-Raku (simple) smartphone styled unit targeted at Seniors – Wow..
- We can’t remember the last time a new Kodomo-keitai (childrens phone) was released?
- New serice announcements for Cloud and Flat-Rate content.. certainly watch that space
- This may well have been Yamada-sans last public presser as he retires in June = Thanks!