Please take a moment to review our new 5×5.wirelesswatch.jp website. Indeed, The ®evolution Continues. Yoroshiku!
DoCoMo announces 3Q fiscal results, sold 1M smartphones in Dec, press conf. video now online, details: http://bit.ly/wenpup
The full length on-demand stream, in English, runs 90-mins.. they also have .PDF Here. A few quick points below.. [Eds]
- net sub additions up 40% YoY
- 5.5M Smartphones to-date FYE 2011 with 8.5M full-year forecast
- voice vs. data revenues nearly reversed postions since Q2 2010!
- D-Menu with 900 Content Providers = 3,900 approved sites
- D-Market 35k bookstore titles.
- i-conceir coming to smartphones from March
- Notes other smartphone cloud services incld. Voice Agent and Memory Collection
- Nottv broadcast launch Apr. 1st
- New diasaster Voice Message Service (recorded file) using packet-switch data – March
Some sage advise when entering new turf; Stop, Look and Listen.. it’s also good to secure a local guide. Japan is the cradle of mobile civilization – we have been dedicated to this space since 2001 – trust our archives here offer some useful material.
Domestic activities continue to set the pace, and sharp players are looking at global markets. We have hard-earned industry expertise and trusted network of contacts with access to advanced intell. and potential deal flow. Need a lift.. Ok, buckle-up!