Please take a moment to review our new 5×5.wirelesswatch.jp website. Indeed, The ®evolution Continues. Yoroshiku!
DoCoMo just announced 24 new devices, a new record, incld. four LTE handsets & range of several new services: http://bit.ly/tFvRlq
Plenty of meat there to wade through, see dedicated page with line-up here, interesting to note they don’t seem to have any models by HTC and there was no W7 Mango version either.. [Eds]
NTT DOCOMO, INC. announced today its 2011 winter â€” 2012 spring product lineup of 24 models for launch in or after November, including 14 smartphones, the largest and most diverse collection ever released by DOCOMO.
DOCOMOâ€™s new smartphone lineup meets a broad range of needs for users in Japan:
* Smartphones for DOCOMOâ€™s extra-high-speed next-generation LTE service, Xi (read â€œCrossyâ€), for mobile data communication at up to 75 Mbps (4 models).
* Smartphones equipped for mobile-wallet (Osaifu-Keitaiâ„¢), infrared-based data exchange, one-seg mobile TV and tethering (9 models).
* Enhanced features for smartphones, such as dual-core CPUs (7 models), large HD-quality liquid crystal screens and high-spec cameras.
* Wide range of smartphone designs and colors, including two collaboration models.
* All smartphones equipped for Area Mailâ„¢ transmissions of Earthquake Early Warnings from the Japan Meteorological Agency.
DOCOMO also announced today the mid-November launches of two all-new services for smartphones, â€œdmenuâ„¢â€ and â€œdmarketâ„¢.â€ The dmenu portal site will provide a wide range of apps and other content from diverse providers, as well as enriched versions of DOCOMOâ€™s popular i-modeâ„¢ content, optimized for easy-to-use smartphone interfaces. The new dmarket content store will offer a wealth of other content, including movies, music, e-books and Androidâ„¢ applications. DOCOMOâ€™s new smartphones also will have access to a variety of other DOCOMO services, such as i-concierâ„¢ for push-based concierge-like personal assistance.
The new models include 8 sophisticated feature phones, all compatible with the i-mode mobile Internet platform. The lineup boasts a distinctive collaboration model and several models equipped for convenient wireless charging. All models are compatible with â€œdocomo Palette UIâ€ for easy sorting, searching and managing of stored content.
In conjunction with the unprecedented scale of this launch, DOCOMO has reorganized its lineup into five categories: docomo with series and docomo NEXT series for smartphones, docomo Tablet category for tablets, and docomo STYLE series and Raku-Raku PHONE series for feature phones.
* docomo with series (smartphones)
Friendly smartphones with fashionable designs and loaded with handy features to make mobile life easier and more fun
* docomo NEXT series (smartphones)
Sophisticated, high-spec smartphones, including for LTE, that empower users to maximize the potential of mobile digital life
* docomo Tablet
World-class tablets featuring excellent operability and customized for DOCOMOâ€™s many unique mobile services
* docomo STYLE series (feature phones)
Advanced feature phones with chic designs and fully equipped for video, games and other rich mobile entertainment
* docomo Raku-Raku PHONE series (feature phones)
Highly user-friendly mobile phones with great basic features suitable for all ages
The new model specs and planned launch dates are noted here.
Some sage advise when entering new turf; Stop, Look and Listen.. it’s also good to secure a local guide. Japan is the cradle of mobile civilization – we have been dedicated to this space since 2001 – trust our archives here offer some useful material.
Domestic activities continue to set the pace, and sharp players are looking at global markets. We have hard-earned industry expertise and trusted network of contacts with access to advanced intell. and potential deal flow. Need a lift.. Ok, buckle-up!