Please take a moment to review our new 5×5.wirelesswatch.jp website. Indeed, The ®evolution Continues. Yoroshiku!
The Yomiuri Shimbun is reporting that Fujitsu will take the final 20% share of their JV with Toshiba Mobile by mid-2012: http://bit.ly/rrEtRN
Toshiba to sell share in phone business
Fujitsu Ltd. has revealed plans to buy out its mobile phone joint venture with Toshiba Corp. next year, a deal that is expected to pull Toshiba out of the handset business. Fujitsu currently holds an 80.1 percent stake in Fujitsu Toshiba Mobile Communications Ltd. and intends to make the joint venture its wholly owned subsidiary as early as the first half of 2012 by acquiring the remaining 19.9 percent stake from Toshiba.
The joint venture was launched in October 2010. The combined market share of Fujitsu’s mobile phone unit and the joint venture currently accounts for about 20 percent in the nation, the second-largest after Sharp Corp. Fujitsu also said it planned to enter the U.S. and European markets next year. Continue >>
Some sage advise when entering new turf; Stop, Look and Listen.. it’s also good to secure a local guide. Japan is the cradle of mobile civilization – we have been dedicated to this space since 2001 – trust our archives here offer some useful material.
Domestic activities continue to set the pace, and sharp players are looking at global markets. We have hard-earned industry expertise and trusted network of contacts with access to advanced intell. and potential deal flow. Need a lift.. Ok, buckle-up!