Sprint has announced the new dual-screen Echo by Kyocera running on Android is available for US markets http://bit.ly/e1DqmY
Sprint and Kyocera announced the first dual-touchscreen Android smartphone, Kyocera Echo, exclusively from Sprint. This Android-powered device features two high-resolution 3.5-inch WVGA touchscreen displays connected by a patent-pending “pivot hinge” that enables the two displays to operate independently, side-by-side or combined to form an oversized 4.7-inch integrated display. Images and video of Kyocera Echo’s dynamic design in action are available now at www.echobykyocera.com.
Kyocera Echo also includes customized apps optimized for the dual-screen Optimized Mode experience including VueQue™, which lets users watch a YouTube video on one display while browsing, queuing and buffering additional YouTube videos on the other display. Additional applications optimized for the dual-screen experience include:
* Messaging and e-mail: Users can turn the device horizontally and use the top display to view the e-mail/message application while using the lower display as a full-sized virtual keyboard.
* Browser: Takes the browser experience of a standard 3.5-inch smartphone and enhances it, allowing users to view two websites simultaneously.
* Gallery: Users can scroll through thumbnail images on one screen while viewing an enlarged image on the other.
* Contacts/phone: Users can view more of the phone’s contact directory or an expanded virtual dial pad.
Beyond the dual touchscreen innovation, Kyocera Echo operates on the Android 2.2 system and has access to more than 100,000 apps in Android Market™ – everything from Facebook to Angry Birds. Additional key features include:
* Sprint’s nationwide 3G network and Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)*
* Wi-Fi hotspot capability, which supports wireless connections for up to five devices
* 5-megapixel camera with flash, autofocus and digital zoom
* 720p HD camcorder to quickly capture those on-the-go memorable moments
* Corporate (Exchange ActiveSync®) and personal (POP & IMAP) e-mail, IM (Google Talk™), text messaging
* Media player with a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack
* Stereo Bluetooth® 2.1 (+ EDR)
* Full HTML Web browser with Google Search™
* 1GHz Snapdragon processor (QSD 8650 Android)
* 1 gigabyte (GB) of onboard memory and an 8GB microSD™ card for the external memory card slot supporting cards up to 32GB
* Voice and text prompts in both English and Spanish
Kyocera Echo will be available this spring for $199.99 with a new two-year service agreement.