Vodafone K.K. has announced that it will commence nationwide sales this weekend of the Vodafone 904SH. This 3G handset by Sharp features the industry’s first VGA liquid crystal display, four times the resolution of current QVGA, making it possible to reproduce visuals and render small characters with more vividness and clarity than before. The model will also support new services and features, such as Face Recognition for enhanced privacy protection, Bluetooth and their Motion Control Sensor capable of measuring handset posture in all directions in 3D a popular function for mobile gaming.
The main features of the Vodafone 904SH are as follows:
- First mobile handset to feature a high-resolution VGA LCD
- 3.2 megapixel autofocus 2x optical zoom camera with still photo stabilizer
- New communication services that use Bluetooth? technology so nearby friends and acquaintances can enjoy instant messaging and multiplayer games
- Compatible with a range of new services and features, including V-applis for the newly developed Motion Control Sensor, and a Face Recognition function that authenticates handset owners by sensing their facial characteristics
- Fully supports existing 3G services like Vodafone live! FeliCa, Vodafone live! NAVI for GPS navigation, Vodafone live! CAST, which automatically delivers content overnight, and Vodafone Address Book, a service that backs up handset address books to a dedicated network server