NTT DoCoMo, Inc., Credit Saison Co., Ltd., Mizuho Bank, Ltd. and UC Card Co., Ltd. today announced a joint agreement to promote DoCoMo’s iD credit card brand. Under the agreement, Credit Saison will give their credit card owners the option of making payments via iD. Mizuho Bank will also give the same option to the holders of Mizuho Mileage Club Card, an ATM card with credit card functions issued by Credit Saison. UC Card will work to expand acceptance of the iD brand at its participating shops nationwide.
NTT DoCoMo, Inc., UC Card Co., Ltd. and Mizuho Bank, Ltd. today announced a comprehensive agreement which includes joint promotion of DoCoMo’s iD brand card business.
Under the agreement, Mizuho Bank will transfer its stake in UC Card (approximately 18% of UC Card’s outstanding shares) to DoCoMo for about 1 billion yen in the middle of March 2006. In addition, UC Card will work to expand acceptance of the iD brand at its network of participating stores nationwide.
In collaboration with DoCoMo, Mizuho Bank will upgrade the function of Mizuho Mileage Club(MMC) Card, an ATM card with credit card functions issued by Credit Saison. MMC members will be provided with the latest method of credit card payment via iD service through their mobile phones.
Going forward, the three companies will consider various ways to enhance the collaboration:
- Mizuho and DoCoMo collaborating at each other’s place of business
- Installing iD-compatible readers on Mizuho ATMs
- DoCoMo and Mizuho Bank cooperating with each other’s membership programs
- Developing settlement services for mobile phones
- Developing mobile banking services for Mizuho Bank’s high-end customers
- DoCoMo and UC Card working together to develop new businesses