DoCoMo just announced they will start selling the N901iC [.jpg image] 3G FOMA handset, the latest model in the 901i-series, nationwide on 28 January 2005. The 901i-series offers surround-type 3D sound for vivid ringing melodies and realistic audio effects when playing i-appli games or using other applications. The N901iC also has FeliCa smart-card technology for e-money, ticketing and other handy mobile functions.
The main features of the N901iC include:
- During videophone calls, the speaker can decorate their image with emoticons.
- During videophone calls, the speaker can also send text messages superimposed on their actual image.
- During videophone calls, a substitute image can be used until the sender is ready to display their own image.
- A scanner reads horizontal and vertical text, including alphanumeric and Japanese characters. Advanced support links business card info to the address book, scanned text to mail messages and words to the dictionary.
- The phone’s surface features an antibacterial coating.
Full Spec. available on Press Release in English Here