Please take a moment to review our new 5×5.wirelesswatch.jp website. Indeed, The ®evolution Continues. Yoroshiku!
KDDI announced a new line of 3G phones to be available end of February 2004. The models include the W21H by Hitachi, equipped with a mega pixel camera, the first of the kind among CDMA 1X WIN mobile phones; the Sanyo A5405SA, equipped with functions such as “pair function” and “smart mode” and the Sony Ericsson A1402S, equipped with a 2.3 inch QVGA LCD and au’s first infrared ray communication function.
The main features of the mobile phones to be released are as follows:
W21H (supporting CDMA 1X WIN service), by Hitachi, Ltd.
- Supports CDMA 1X WIN service that offers fixed monthly charges for e-mails and EZweb access.
- “Mail Mode” to send mega pixel images.
- “Okonomi Icon” for downloading users’ favorite menu icons.
A5405SA (supporting CDMA 1X) by Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd.
- A stylishly designed model that is only 20mm thick.
- “Pair Function” for communicating with a designated party quickly.
- “Smart Mode” for easily operating the basic functions of a mobile phone.
- “Junior Mode” for safe mobile phone uses by children.
A1402S (supporting CDMA 1X), by Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications Japan, Inc.
- As of January 2004, the world’s smallest phone mounted with a 2.3 inch QVGA LCD.
- Style-Up TM dress-up panels.
- Infrared ray communications function.
- “QR Code” authentication function.
About KDDI Corporation
KDDI Corporation was established in 1984 and is currently the second largest telecommunications company in Japan, providing a comprehensive range of voice, data, IP and mobile services to both business customers and consumers. After merging with KDD and IDO in October, 2000, KDDI serves over 15 million long-distance subscribers, 1.4 million internet subscribers, 13 million mobile subscribers, and 5 million PHS subscribers. KDDI has 34,000 km of highly reliable domestic network infrastructure, in addition to optical submarine cable systems such as TPC-5, Japan-US CN and China-US CN. KDDI also works to develop advanced technology in the areas of radio & mobile, lightwave, multimedia, and Internet communications. The KDDI Group consists of approx 100 companies covering a wide variety of telecommunications-related businesses such as engineering, facility hosting, submarine cable construction, and R&D.
For further information, please visit the KDDI Corp. home page at:
Japanese Press Release with images here:
Some sage advise when entering new turf; Stop, Look and Listen.. it’s also good to secure a local guide. Japan is the cradle of mobile civilization – we have been dedicated to this space since 2001 – trust our archives here offer some useful material.
Domestic activities continue to set the pace, and sharp players are looking at global markets. We have hard-earned industry expertise and trusted network of contacts with access to advanced intell. and potential deal flow. Need a lift.. Ok, buckle-up!